Oh, so you can keep yourself fully motivated by doing hard workouts by yourself? Good for you! For the rest of us, misery loves company…
Here’s a listing of ongoing group training events held on Cape Cod. For those living off-Cape in Southeastern Massachusetts, we’ll be featuring a listing of training opportunities soon!
- Let’s start with Sunday. Trish Cundiff organizes fantastic swim workouts at the pool at Sandwich High School each Sunday morning. A great workout with great people. Go to AquaSafe Cape Cod for details.
- More Sunday swim workouts, this time on the Lower Cape, are held at 3pm at the Chatham Health Club. Coached by Justin Torrellas, these one-hour sessions are a mix of workout and technique guidance. Contact Al Stetson for details.
- Every Monday evening this spring USAT coach Ted Geddis will be lecturing at the Gleason YMCA in Wareham. A different triathlon training topic each week! Many of the participating athletes are also swimming under Ted’s supervision on Sunday mornings. There is a nominal fee. Contact Ted Geddis for details.
- Mondays are good days for strength and core training after a weekend of hard triathlon workouts, and one of the best spots to develop that core is at one-hour Floor Pilates Workouts held Mondays at 6pm at K.D. Physical Therapy, 23 White’s Path in Yarmouth. All are welcome; cost is $15. Contact Karen Desimone for details.
- The Cape Cod Athletic Club hosts a picturesque Tuesday run through the village of Chatham year-round, no matter the weather. Meet at 5:30pm at Chatham High School. Group starts out together, then breaks into smaller groups at various paces. All levels welcome; walkers/light joggers often start at 5pm.
- And, swimmers get a workout Tuesday evenings at 5pm, coached by retired Div 1 swim coach Pam Rogers. Location is the Woodlands Wellness Center in Brewster. Contact Andy Scherding for details.
- Coached track workouts at Monomoy High School are held Wednesday evenings by the Harwich Harriers. Coach Justin Torrellas is an elite pentathlete who knows how to get a lot out of his athletes. Spring meeting time is 5pm, but will be changed to 6:15pm in the Summer. No fee, but a tip is appreciated.
- Hanlon’s Shoes in Hyannis is the starting point for Wednesday jaunts along the beaches of Nantucket Sound out to Hyannisport. Justin Neviackas organizes these and usually joins in. Runners get going at 6:30pm.
- New swimmers are welcomed to an instructional group swim held Thursday evenings the Woodlands Wellness Center in Brewster. They’ll receive instruction from Justin Torrellas in one area of the pool, while more experienced triathletes swim on the other side. Contact Andy Scherding for details.
- Marathon Sports in Yarmouth is the starting point of a Thursday night fun run of 3 or 5 miles (your choice). Run starts at 6:15pm.
- The Falmouth Track Club hosts their Friday Night Five group runs each week without fail. Meet at the Town Hall Square at 5:30pm.
- Pop-ups: A place where a lot of impromptu workouts are posted is the Facebook page titled “Cape Cod Triathlon & Multisport.” Enter the name into the top search box in Facebook and it will be first listed!
Contact Andy Scherding if you know of other events!